Audiology and Hearing Aid Services
We keep a supply of batteries for you to purchase in our office. Stop in routinely for fresh batteries. Make sure to check the batteries in your hearing devices often and make sure there is no dirt, wax or debris interfering with the batteries performance. Batteries that are properly charged will make a noise (a squeal) when cupped in your hand or after it has been inserted in your ear, when you cup your hand over the hearing aid it will also make a noise.
- Size 10 (yellow)
- Size 312 (brown)
- Size 13 (orange)
- Size 675 (blue)
Cell Phone Accessories
Custom earmolds for cell phone headrests, Bluetooth compatible device, hands-free and more.
Cerumen, or ear wax, can be removed from the ear canal so that it does not interfere with listening or comfort, especially for individuals who wear hearing aids.
Diagnostic Audiologic Evaluations
Scheduled and performed by our licensed and nationally certified Hearing Healthcare Professional are subject to professional fees. Insurance often covers these services.
Diagnostic Hearing Evaluations
During your examination you will be tested using a series of low & high frequency words to determine your ability to understand verbiage within a conversation. We will also give you several words to repeat. The results will help us determine your percentage of hearing loss, your ability to understand speech and how hearing aids will improve your ability to hear.
Since the various systems produce different hearing impressions, it is important for you to make a comparison yourself. For this purpose we will produce custom-made earmolds based on the exact contours of your ears. We can then ensure that your hearing aid fits perfectly.
Evaluation and Fitting for Musician's Ear Plugs
Musicians practice and perform in a variety of different settings. They are exposed to high levels of sound, sometimes for long periods, which may put them at risk for permanent hearing damage. Musician’s ear plugs are custom-made devices that help to limit the sound exposure from instruments, while still providing a rich musical experience for the performer or audience.
Hearing Aid Dispensing & Fitting
At the hearing aid fitting, you will receive the hearing aids you selected. They are programmed based on a prescription that is specific to each person’s hearing loss. The hearing professional may make adjustments after you try the hearing aids to make sure the settings and fit are ideal for you.
Hearing Aid Repairs
Some minor hearing aid repairs can be done in the office setting in a short period of time; others will need to be sent to the manufacturer for repair. Your hearing professional can help determine what kind of a repair is necessary if you feel your hearing aid is not working properly.
In Office Services
We encourage ongoing cleaning and maintenance after your hearing aid purchase to ensure you receive optimum performance and benefit from your hearing aid(s). We encourage all our patients to come in for regular hearing aid check-ups and cleaning.
Repairs, Maintenance, Cleanings, and Warranties come with all brands of hearing aids. We offer in-office repairs when possible on most makes/models.
Live Speech Mapping
Live Speech Mapping is a fitting process that uses probe microphones and live real-time speech to allow the patient and their family members to immediately see and understand the benefits of hearing aids and fitting adjustments.
Other Services We Offer
- Comprehensive audiologic evaluation, including immittance audiometry
- Speech-In-Noise Test to determine ability to hear in noise compared to normal hearing persons.
- Canalith repositioning treatment for diagnosed Benign Positional Vertigo
- In house repairs
- Hearing aid dispensing of digital technology instruments, multiple manufacturers, specialized to the individual's needs and lifestyle
- SIXTY DAY adjustment period for returns or changes
- All digital purchases include the 3 year warranty and a 3 year loss and damage policy with a low processing fee
- Real Ear Measures/Live Speech Mapping
- Real Ear Measures using using SPEECH allows us to see exactly what the hearing aid is doing while in the patient's ear. This "Live Speech Map" is the most important way of verifying the patient's benefit from amplification.
- Hearing aid assessments, including demonstrations of current technologies
- Hearing conservation products, such as custom earmolds, musician's molds, as well as other hearing protection
- Assistive listening devices such as TV EARS, telephone amplifiers, clock/radio alarms, personal amplifiers, and telephone ring enhancers
- Specialized custom molds for IPOD and MP3 players, pilot molds, and UM driver systems, BLUETOOTH earpieces, telephone earbuds as seen on
- Hearing aid reconditioning and repair of all makes and models of amplification
- Some in-house repairs of hearing aids
- Hearing aid loaners may be available
- Repair warranty and loss/damage policies for all makes and models
- Elite Network Member